Our mission is to facilitate parent volunteer activities for the betterment of the school and its community.
The Parent Association promotes parent involvement in the school community by supporting teachers and staff along with organizing school activities and programs. It facilitates communication among parents, teachers and school administrators to explore issues of mutual interest, sponsors speakers on educational topics, and provides a structure for assisting the school with certain fundraising and social functions.
Parent Association Events and Activities
The Parent Association sponsors many events at the Meridian School that enrich, entertain and enlighten all members of the Meridian community. The Parent Association is also involved in school activities such as community service, and coordinates staff appreciation efforts throughout the year.
Parent Association Executive Committee
The Parent Association Executive Committee works together – and with the administration – to manage the Parent Association’s overall operations and budget. The Parent Association Executive Committee meets monthly to plan Parent Association events and activities, to monitor the budget, and discuss current issues related to the Meridian School community.
Classroom Volunteer Opportunities
Parent Association classroom representatives are parent volunteers. Representing your child’s classroom as a volunteer is a great way to be directly involved with your child’s Meridian experience. View the descriptions of volunteer roles and if any of these opportunities sound interesting, please contact the Parent Association.
- Community Building Representative: Organizes grade-level social events (such as potlucks, picnics, parent dinners, hikes, etc.). Coordinates volunteers to help organize the designated grade-level PA event
- Homeroom Representative : Supports classroom teacher by filling class/grade-level volunteer needs such as classroom help, field trip chaperones/drivers, holiday parties.
- Teacher Appreciation Classroom Representative: Organizes the celebration of classroom teacher and designated staff during National Appreciation week (May).
- Auction Class Project Coordinator: Selects, organizes and executes the classroom auction art project. Solicits volunteers as needed and schedules class time with teachers.
- Grade Level Auction Committee Representative: Communicates auction information to parents in their grade regarding procurement and volunteer needs and encourages auction attendance.