The Meridian School offers an inclusive, multi-aged Extended Day program, designed to engage interests of all kinds so that every child finds something enjoyable! The Extended Day program supports Meridian’s school curriculum and Cares expectations through theme-based special guests and field trips; small group Responsive Classroom activities; and by maintaining school-wide behavioral expectations. Meridian’s Extended Day Team is committed to providing a before and after-school environment that is physically and emotionally safe, where children can learn, grow, make friends, explore new interests, and have fun!
Questions? Contact program director, Jessica Urdaz-White, or program supervisor, Sara Chesterfield
Hours & Format Enrollment Fees
Extended Day runs from 7:00 to 8:15AM and from 3:00 to 6:00PM and always includes a nutritious snack for students.
Groups 2 and 3 are housed in the North Annex until 3:45PM. Group 1 remains in South Annex until 3:45PM.
Sample Schedule (P.M.)
3:00–3:20 Age-specific group activity time
3:20–3:45 Snack 9/17-9/21
3:45–5:15 Free choice activity time. Children may choose to play outside and/or participate in staff-led activities in the Extended Day room (art project) and gymnasium.Click here for weekly project schedule.
5:15–6:00 Everyone still in attendance returns to the Extended Day room
Please refer to The Meridian School’s Parent Handbook for more details regarding Extended Day’s policies and procedures.
Fall Enrichment Classes
Students can be enrolled as full-time or intermittent users of the Extended Day program. The annual cost for full-time enrollment is $3,700.00, and the daily cost for intermittent enrollment is $25.00 for the 2018-2019 school year.
All families must register in advance to attend Extended Day during in-service days, parent-teacher conferences, and winter and spring breaks. Families enrolled in full-time Extended Day participate in these no school days at a discounted rate.
Parent-Teacher Conference days and In-Service days
- Intermittent fee= $80/day
- Full-time fee= no charge
Winter & Spring Break days
- Intermittent fee= $80/day
- Full-time fee= $70/day
No School Days
Please click here to view our Fall Enrichment Brochure.
- Registration will go live on Monday, August 13 and close Friday, September 7.
- All enrichment classes will begin the week of September 24.
To register, please visit the Extended Day Registration website.
Step 1: Select “Meridian Fall Enrichment ” tab
Step 3: Complete and submit a registration form for each child. Please ensure that you are only registering your child for grade-appropriate classes. See the Fall Enrichment Brochure for grade level designations.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your registration has been processed.
- Enrichment class providers determine the minimum and maximum enrollment numbers. Classes will be filled on a first come, first serve basis, and are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment. Program Manager, Jessica Urdaz-White, will contact you directly if cancellation impacts your child’s registration.
- This year, you will be billed for enrichment class fees automatically on CampBrain. You will be prompted to enter your payment information.
- No refunds or exchanges may be granted after the first day of classes.
Extended Day will offer programming on the Fall 2018 no school days:
Step 2: Select the appropriate option to receive child care during a school closure
Step 3: Complete and submit a registration form for each child. Registration for each no school day will close a week before the respective date.
Please note: You will be billed automatically upon completing registration on CampBrain. Families enrolled in full-time Extended Day will not be charged. Families enrolled as Intermittent Extended Day participants will be billed $80/day per child.