The Meridian School offers an inclusive, multi-aged Extended Day program, designed to engage interests of all kinds so that every child finds something enjoyable! The Extended Day program supports Meridian’s school curriculum and Cares expectations through theme-based special guests and field trips; small group Responsive Classroom activities; and by maintaining school-wide behavioral expectations. Meridian’s Extended Day Team is committed to providing a before and after-school environment that is physically and emotionally safe, where children can learn, grow, make friends, explore new interests, and have fun!
Questions? Contact Program Director, Jessica Urdaz-White, or Program Supervisor, Sara Chesterfield
Hours & Format Enrollment Fees
Extended Day runs from 7:00 to 8:15AM and from 3:00 to 6:00PM and always includes a nutritious snack for students.
Groups 2 and 3 are housed in the North Annex until 3:45PM. Group 1 remains in South Annex until 3:45PM.
Sample Schedule (P.M.)
3:00–3:20 Age-specific group activity time
3:20–3:45 Snack- Click Here To View The Snack Menu
3:45–5:15 Free choice activity time. Children may choose to play outside and/or participate in staff-led activities in the Extended Day room (art project) and gymnasium. Click Here to View Weekly Projects
5:15–6:00 Everyone still in attendance returns to the Extended Day room
Please refer to The Meridian School’s Parent Handbook for more details regarding Extended Day’s policies and procedures.
Fall Enrichment Classes
Students can be enrolled as full-time or intermittent users of the Extended Day program. The annual cost for full-time enrollment is $3,800.00, and the daily cost for intermittent enrollment is $25.00 for the 2019-2020 school year.
All families must register in advance to attend Extended Day during in-service days, parent-teacher conferences, and winter and spring breaks. Families enrolled in full-time Extended Day participate in these no school days at a discounted rate.
Parent-Teacher Conference days and In-Service days
- Intermittent fee= $90/day
- Full-time fee= no charge
Winter & Spring Break days
- Intermittent fee= $90/day
- Full-time fee= $80/day
No School Days
Please click here to view our Fall Enrichment Brochure
- Registration will go live on Monday, August 12 and close Friday, September 6.
- Cross Country begins September 11.
- All enrichment classes will begin the week of September 16.
To register, please visit the Extended Day CampBrain Registration website
Step 1: Sign-in to your family’s CampBrain account
Step 2: Scroll down to “Start a new application”
Step 3: Select “Fall Enrichment Classes 2019”
Step 4: Complete and submit a registration form for each child. Please ensure that you are only registering your child for grade-appropriate classes. See the Fall Enrichment Catalog for grade-level designations.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your registration has been processed.
- Enrichment class providers determine the minimum and maximum enrollment numbers. Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, and are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment. Program Director, Jessica Urdaz-White, will contact you directly if cancellation impacts your child’s registration.
- This year, you will be billed for enrichment class fees automatically on CampBrain. You will be prompted to enter your payment information.
- No refunds or exchanges may be granted after the first day of classes.
Extended Day will offer programming during the following upcoming no school and early dismissal days:
- September 27: Early Dismissal In-Service Day
- October 11: In-Service Day
- October 24: Parent-Teacher Conference Early Dismissal Day
- October 25: Parent-Teacher Conference Day
- November 11: Veteran’s Day
- November 25: In-Service Day
- November 26: In-Service Day
Preregistration is required for all no school and early dismissal days.
To sign your child(ren) up for Extended Day, please visit the Extended Day CampBrain Registration website
Step 1: Sign-in to your family’s CampBrain account.
Step 2: Select the appropriate option to receive childcare during school closure.
Step 3: Complete and submit a registration form for each child. Registration for each no school day will close a week before the respective date.
Please note: You will be billed automatically upon completing registration on CampBrain. Families enrolled in full-time Extended Day will not be charged for In-Service or Parent-Teacher Conference days. Families enrolled as Intermittent Extended Day participants will be billed $90/day per child for the 2019-2020 school year.