Our Admissions Process
We are still accepting applications for the 2024-2025 school year. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying.
Thank you for your interest in learning more about our program and community— we encourage you to explore the website, follow our Facebook page and Instagram, and, most importantly, connect with our passionate educators, school leaders, and families through various events hosted each admissions season.
Finding the best match—for school, child, and family—takes time and trust. Our goal is to understand your hopes and expectations for your child’s education and to share our mission and program with you. Throughout the process, we look for families whose values align with our community.
At Meridian, we are:
- Guided by a belief in the power of a wide range of human potential. We approach each child’s learning flexibly and responsively.
- Committed to social justice as a human value. We are recognized leaders in creating a school culture of equity and inclusion.
- Inspired by the science and art of teaching and learning. Meridian creates a learning environment community for both students and adults.
- Dedicated to the importance of connection. We foster a vibrant, diverse community with shared values.
- Located in the historic Good Shepherd Center in Meridian Park. We foster community relationships, neighborhood engagement, and place-based experiential learning.
At Meridian, we believe that an excellent education thrives in an increasingly diverse and inclusive environment. For this reason, we are committed to offering an accessible educational program for mission-appropriate students, regardless of a family’s ability to pay the full cost of tuition. To learn more about financing a Meridian education, please visit our Tuition Assistance page.
The Meridian School is one of many Seattle-area schools using the web-based application Ravenna to manage admissions forms and event registration. With the exception of a few school-specific questions, all of the documents required are common forms that are shared among multiple schools. This means that you will only need to complete these forms once before electronically submitting them to the schools that utilize Ravenna. We require the following documents for all applicants:
- Parent/Guardian Statement Form (which includes common questions and Meridian-specific questions)
- Meridian Application Acknowledgement Form
- Teacher Evaluation Form
- Cumulative school records and reports (applicants for grades 1–5 only)
Required Admissions Events Student VisitAdditional OpportunitiesConnect with Meridian ParentsFrequently Asked Questions
Experience Meridian: Information Session (RECOMMENDED)
We will offer three Information Sessions (two in-person, 1 virtual) that will include a general overview of our academic program, approach to learning, equity and inclusion initiatives, and community highlights. We will provide an opportunity for Q&A with school leaders and parent ambassadors. Register today!
In-Person Campus Tour (REQUIRED)
Tours will be in small groups and provide a glimpse into a day in the life of a Meridian student and the opportunity to see our facilities.
Family Conversations (REQUIRED)
We look forward to getting to know each of our applicant families. Families schedule 30-minute conversations with the Director of Enrollment Management once they submit an application.